Gita Gopinath Biography , age, husband, hight, career, family, net worth 2021
Gita Gopinath Biography, Age, Career, Qualification, Family (Husband, Father), IMF Salary, Net Worth,
In the era of modernity, where today there is talk of working shoulder to shoulder, today Indian daughters have made a different identity by achieving victory. One of which is also the name of Gita Gopinath, who has proved that if women also get the opportunity, then they have the ability to raise the name of the country.
Biography of Geeta Gopinath:
|(Date of Birth)||8 December 1971|
|Age||60 years (as of 2021)|
|Birth Place||Mysore, Karnataka|
|Father’s Name||TV. gopinath|
|Mother Name||Vijayalakshmi Gopinath|
|Husband Name||Iqbal Dhaliwal|
|Occupation||Indian American economist|
|Salary||Approx USD $1-$5 M|
|Net Worth||not known|
|Award||Young Global Leader|
Geeta Gopinath was born on 8 December 1971 in Mysore, India. Hers father’s name is T.V. Gopinath and mother’s name is Vijayalakshmi Gopinath. His father is a farmer and entrepreneur in Kannur district of Kerala.
Gita Gopinath Education & Career
Geeta got her higher secondary education from Nirmala Convent Higher Secondary School. In the year 1992, she did her graduation from Lady Shri Ram College, University of Delhi. In the year 1994, he received his Masters in Economics from Delhi University.
- In the year 1996, he received his Masters in Economics from the University of Washington.
- After this, in the year 2001, he obtained a PhD degree in economics from Princeton University.
Recruitment of posts in the field of work :-
- From 2001 to 2005, Geeta Gopinath was an assistant professor at the University of Chicago.
- In the year 2005, Gita Gopinath was appointed as an Assistant Professor at Harvard University.
- In 2010, he was appointed to the position of Professor at Harvard University.
- After this he was appointed to the post of Professor of International Studies and Economics in the year 2015.
- On 21 July 2016, he was appointed as the Financial Adviser to the Chief Minister of Kerala.
- In the year 2018, he was appointed as the Chief Economist of the IMF International Monetary Fund.
- Gita Gopinath is the second Indian to be appointed to the post of IMF . Prior to this, Raghuram Rajan has also been the Chief Economist of IFM.
- Geeta Gopinath has also been editor of the American Economic Review and co-director of International Finance and Micro Economics at the National Bureau of Economics Research (NBER) .
- Therefore, he has also been appointed for the post of Economic Advisor and Director of the IMF Research Department .
Achievements (Gita Gopinath Achievements)
- Gita Gopinath was awarded the Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum in the year 2011.
- She received the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman from the Government of India.
- Therefore, they have American citizenship and overseas Indian citizenship.
- In the IMF of 2014, his name has been registered in the list of Top 25 Economists in the world under the age of 45.
- In the year 2019, Foreign Policy included Gita Gopinath in the list of Top Global Thinkers.
Marital | Gita Gopinath Marriage Life
Geeta Gopinath married Iqbal Dhaliwal in the year 1999. Iqbal Dhaliwal who passed the IAS exam in the year 1996. They both have a son named Rahul.
Articles written by Geeta Gopinath:-
She has authored 40 research articles on business, investment, international financial government monetary policy, debt and emerging market problems.
During an interview, Gita Gopinath, while giving his statement on GDP, has blamed India for the decline in global economic growth and has blamed India for 80% of the decline according to global growth.
Gita Gopinath, while praising the controversial agricultural laws of the Modi government, has said that the laws made by the central government will increase the income of farmers and she has also commented on this, in which there is talk of giving social security to weak farmers. Where is it?
today’s time, Indians are illuminating the name of India all over the world with their work, whether it is Google CEO Sundar Pichai or Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.
One such name is also of Gita Gopinathan.
Gita Gopinathan is the Chief Economist of International Monetary Fund (IMF) .
She was made the Chief Economist in 2018.
In this article, I am going to tell you the Biography of Gita Gopinathan.
Early life, family and biography of Geeta Gopinath :
Geeta was born on 8 December 1971 in Kolkata, West Bengal.
Her father’s name is TV Gopinath and mother’s name is V.C. Vijayalakshmi.
Geeta is the youngest of the two daughters of her parents and her family is from Kannur, Karela.
When Geeta was 9 years old, her family had settled in Mysore from Karela.
Her mother runs a play school in mysore.
Education of Geeta Gopinath:
Geeta Gopinathan completed her schooling from Nirmala Convent School, Mysore.
During her childhood, she was not very good in studies because in her childhood her focus was more on sports.
Slowly she shifted her focus from sports to studies and she came first in 10th and 12th.
After this, he obtained a BA degree from Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi in 1992 and an MA degree in 1994 from Delhi School of Economics.
During this time he met Iqbal, with whom he later married.
Her husband Iqbal passed the IAS exam in 1996, after which Iqbal and Geeta got married in 1999.
Iqbal and Geeta have 1 son, Rahul, who lives in America.
After doing MA in 1996, she went to America to do her PhD and in 2001 got her PhD degree from Princeton University.
During this, he was also given the Princeton Woodrow Wilson Fellowship Research Award.
Gopinathan’s research focuses on international finance and macroeconomics.
Her research has been published in many important economics journals.
She has written many articles on exchange rates, trade and investment, international financial crises, monetary policies, debt, and emerging market crises.
Career of Geeta Gopinathan
Geeta Gopinathan has been editor of the Handbook of International Economics, American Economic Review and Review of Economic Studies.
She has also been the Economic Advisor to the Chief Minister of Kerala from 2016 to 2018.
It is also a member of the Eminent Persons Advisory Group, which represents India’s Ministry of Finance on G-20 matters.
In 2019, Foreign Policy placed him in the list of Top Global Thinkers.
In 2014, he was named by the IMF as one of the top 25 economists in the world under the age of 45.
In 2011, he was awarded the title of Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum.
With this, he was elected the Chief Economist of the IMF in 2018.
She has been awarded the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman by the Government of India.
Now she is a US citizen and is an overseas Indian citizen card holder.
Geeta currently teaches at Harvard University.
Other achievements of Gita Gopinath
Gita Gopinath has been appointed as the Chief Economist of the International Monetary Fund.
Along with this, he has also been appointed as Economic Counselor and Director of IMF Research Department.
Before Gopinath, Maurice Obstfeld was posted in this post, who retired in 2018.
Geeta Gopinath is the second Indian who has been appointed to this post.
Prior to him, former Governor of Reserve Bank of India Raghuram Rajan has also served in this post.
Friends, I hope that you have enjoyed reading the biography of Gita Gopinath and you must have got the inspiration to achieve your goal by working hard.
If you want to read the biography of any other person, then you can tell by writing in the comment.
- gita gopinath net worth,
- gita gopinath son age,
- gita gopinath net worth in rupees,
- iqbal dhaliwal,
- salary gita gopinath husband,
- gita gopinath google scholar,
- t.v. gopinath,,
- gita gopinath interview